Plan Your Visit to world skills ireland
Before you plan your visit to Worldskills Ireland 2022, don't forget to register and chose which day and time slot suits best. Please note that only Pre-Registered School Groups will be permitted access.
Groups / Coaches / Private Buses
- Groups arriving by private coach should follow the entrance directional signs at the gate to the Simmonscourt Complex from Simmonscourt Road.
- Security Staff will direct you to your parking space
- The Group leader (only) will asked to check the group in at the registration area. You can then collect your group from the bus escort them into the show.
- Daily parking & event visitors parking: €8.00 per day, subject to availability.
- Café Catering will be available inside the Show Floor from Inspire Café
- Outdoor catering with covered seating also available to the right of the building
- Student Seating will be available upstairs in the Pavilion Lounge for students who have brought packed lunches.
- Show schedule will be available shortly
- Items of Note
- Recommended first stop for groups arriving – Heroes Stage
- Note that Thursday 25th March is Competitions Finals Day – Don’t miss the chance to cheer on the finalists in all Skills Competitions!
- Event Floorplan will be available shortly
From Dublin city centre:
Outside Trinity College, take Nassau Street (N11) for about 150 metres then turn right following the signposts for the R118.
Follow the R118 (Mount Street – turns into Merrion Road) for approximately 2km. The RDS Showground will be situated on the right-hand side.
The RDS Showground is serviced by bus routes number 7, 5 and 45, which stop outside the Main Hall Entrance to the RDS on Merrion Road. These bus services can be availed of on Nassau Street outside Trinity College.
Visit www.dublinbus.ie or call +353 1 873 4222 for more information on local Dublin Bus routes.
Bus Eireann operates commuter bus services from Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Galway and Waterford stopping in many of the towns on the way. Take a bus to Busáras on Store Street, Dublin 1, which is linked to the RDS by the DART from Connolly Station. Connolly Station is three minutes walk from Busáras.
For timetables and more information on national bus routes visit www.buseireann.ie or call +353 1 836 6111. Disabled access is available.
From Main Train Lines
Heuston Station has trains to/from the following locations: Ballina, Westport, Galway, Limerick, Ennis, Tralee, Cork, and Waterford. Connolly Station has trains to/from Belfast, Sligo, Wexford and Rosslare Europort.
You can connect to the DART (local rail) directly from Connolly Station to Ballsbridge (Sandymount DART Station). You can connect to the LUAS directly at Heuston Station and transfer to the DART at Connolly Station to Ballsbridge (Sandymount DART Station).
The closest DART station to the RDS is Sandymount.
Directions on foot from Sandymount Dart Station:
Follow the exit signs and turn right onto Sandymount Avenue, continue until you reach the traffic lights. Bewleys Hotel and the Four Seasons Hotel will be directly in front of you.
For the Simmonscourt Complex where World Skills Ireland will take place, continue straight ahead from the traffic lights at the crossroads, passing The Clayton Hotel on your left. The Simmonscourt Complex is on the left hand side after the office buildings.
For more information on national rail and DART timetables visit www.irishrail.ie or call 1850 366 222.
There is no direct route from the LUAS to the RDS, however, the LUAS does connect to the DART local train system that passes by the RDS. The LUAS Red Line connects to the DART at Connolly Station. Connections to Heuston Station and national rail routes can then be reached through this stop. Connolly Station is accessible by lift and there are two wheelchair areas on board each LUAS.
Simmonscourt Car Park will be available for parking. A flat fee is charged upon entry and parking is provided on a first come, first served basis.
Travelling from Abroad
From Dublin Airport:
Taxis are available at the taxi rank outside Dublin Airport Arrivals. Expect to pay between €30 and €40 to travel to the RDS, Dublin 4. The journey takes approximately 30 minutes depending on traffic.
The RDS is only 16km from Dublin International Airport. An Aircoach to Ballsbridge runs from outside Dublin Airport every 15 minutes with bus stops outside the Main Hall entrance to the RDS and Bewleys Hotel on Simmonscourt Road. The journey costs circa €18 return and takes approximately 30-45 minutes depending on traffic.
From the Ferry
Dublin Port is on the north of the city approximately 10 minutes drive from the RDS.
For more information on Ferry times visit www.irishferries.com or www.stenaline.ie
For further travel information, visit the RDS website on www.rds.ie
There are a number of hotels in the vicinity of the RDS. The nearest are:
The Herbert Park Hotel